Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ohh Ohhhh, Pretty Woman...

Today we got out early. Our original scheduled vist to the prison cancelled at the last minute without enough time to find a replacement. I was actually looking forward to going, but am exhausted after days of walking endlessly around this city. Every part of my body aches and my ankle is swollen again. So, when I learned that we had a light day, my immediate thought was that I would head home.

Then it happened…..I found the mother ship. It started with the smell of leather (take a deep luxurious inhale), the sound of clacking (a sign of a great pair of shoes), and stars (the glow of the diamonds). The sales people were all around hoping an American would happily spend their money. The music started and then I finally saw it , that one ( or 2, or 3, or 4…) item you never knew you always needed…..I was off and running. I felt like they would be disappointed if I did not buy….and so I did.





Do you hear the music?

Do do do do do...
Do do do do do...

Do do do do do, do do do
Do do do do do, do do do
Ohhhh, Ohhh, pretty women...

Sing it with me..


First, a jewlery store to get a gift for a friend who helped inspire me to start blogging (and kindly left a hint about what she might want…). Then shoes from Van Dalen, a european line that is stylish and comfortable.

And, finally the continuation of the mother daughter pact to purchase at least one piece of jewelry every where we go. She gets one for me and I get one for her. This time matching Swarovski bracelets – mine silver, hers red. Only offered in Europe and caught my eye as soon as I walked in the store.

Add in a little souvenir shopping and a few special gifts for people who helped make all of this possible and I am exhausted…..I am so glad I called and put preestablished limits on my credit cards.

Tomorrow is another full day, so I am off to bed!

3 comments:

  1. What a pact...a what a great friend to do something for a special friend! Get some rest, you've been busy...but I'm not surprise. Ron and I are still living vicariously through your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the shopping! Sounds like you are having such a great time..... Can't wait until you get back so I can hear all about it!

    Chieka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering when the shopping blog would post, lol....Did you find any bags? You always pick up bags, lol.. I can't wait to hear the stories. Have a save trip home!


    Shondra

    ReplyDelete