Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Alright, Already! I get it. I have neglected my blog.

I gave someone the web address to my blog last week, to find out more about me. I spoke this exact sentence to another friend who replied "Really, you haven't updated it in years".

Yikes...She's right.

It's not like I have been in Cleveland this entire time. It's just that my energy has been directed else where. I have spent the better part of the last12-18 months like this...




This is what I typically look like staring at the computer screen everyday at work, home, or school.

Yes, I am still in school. Yes, this is it! Yes, I am working on my doctorate.

I finished all my doctoral coursework in May 2011. In June of 2011 I took my written and oral comprehensive exams. Since that time I have been working towards the completion of my dissertation, which I hope to have completed before October 2012. As if that's not enough, shortly after finishing, I will be leaving for Europe for 4 weeks to complete my Marshall Memorial Fellowship. So, by all accounts this will be an exciting year. And, perhaps by the time it is done, I will look more like this...




That's the goal, right! Work hard, play hard, be happy.

So, bear with me. I will post again later, giving you an update of my recent travels.

Off to the DR soon for sun, sand, and warm weather.

Love to all - K

1 comment: